Monday 7 October 2013

getting dizzy with all these circles

Hello everyone.

Hope you all had a splendid weekend, I just wish they weren't over so quickly.

Firstly and just quickly, please, please nominate me.

Craftsy.com are having their first blogger awards and it would be great to make it in. The link is at the top of the side bar, and sewing is probably the best category match.  Thank you so much.

Secondly, more circles on the bra helped, but there is still just too much spare material at the end there.

 So definitely need to try with less point and more curve at the end of the point of bust as the professional call it.

But the bullet bra has been drafted and test built, cups anyway.  The problem with all these bras is it is just impossible to try them on to test for size etc without finishing them, ie the cups need to be held on in some way, so they look good, but I can't really say for sure.  One thing that is certain is there is less of a point at the end, they are more the shape of the end of a bullet.
 The stitching has to be spirals going in opposite direction to each other on each side, does that make sense? Hence the diagram below, must admit it took me awhile to get my head round which way to turn each one when sewing, but on the whole I was very pleased with the sewing, quite neat for a first attempt.








So here they are just waiting for sides, a back and straps, might have chance for that tomorrow. Just as a reminder all this bra stuff has come about because of foundations revealed, which there is a link down the side for, I love that website.  It's not my genius I'm just following well written instructions.

Well till next time, ohh and please if you get a moment nominate me for the craftsy awards, thank you. double ohh and also comments, don't be afraid to leave them, it's lovely to hear from you. I read them all.

warmest regards ally x

1 comment:

  1. I really love this variation, I'm on the sew-along but still have to start cutting mine... ouch!
    MammaNene @ SergerPepper.com

    ReplyDelete