Monday 22 May 2017

Breena - The Makers Medley Challenge for May

Morning all you internet lovelies.

Last week was the May reveal for the Makers Medley Challenge (it's on the 16th of each month) and the challenge was Spring/Forests, which is lovely. I really love spring, as the weather warms and the blossoms appear everywhere, I can easily imagine little fairies everywhere too.


We walk our dog, Jessy,  to a local woods, hidden in the city, where she loves to tear about the undergrowth and comes back out with flowers and brambles stuck in her hair and at this time of year, the woods are particularly delightful, full of wild garlic, forget-me-nots, bluebells and something I think is umbellifer but I'm not a hundred percent sure. We all enjoy walking there. So I was inspired to make Breena, a little spring fairy to look after the flowers in the woods and as such she needed to be able to hide well in the undergrowth. So I made her body from a green cotton fabric and her hair green and brown for camouflage.  She has an Elizabethan feel, as I am going through a bit of a ruff thing at the moment, I can't get enough of them, I am working on a collection of dolls for an exhibition with the Core Collectives in July, that I am very excited about and they will probably all have a ruff.




To make it even harder to see her in the woods, she has flowers embroidered on to her body and carefully tea dyed wings so she can slip away when people approach.






Image may contain: 1 personI do hope you like Breena, and take a look at the other artists involved in the Medley, there are 12 of us, but we always encourage other doll makers to join in and then showcase the best of their designs. Check us out on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/themakersmedley/
 or Instagram https://www.instagram.com/themakersmedley/



Next month's challenge is Planets, this one got me thinking I have to admit, could go anyway yet, haha, but stay tuned for the big reveal of Planets on 16th June. 





Until next week.




Hugs and Kisses
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment