Tuesday 9 May 2017

Exhibition news - a chance to see my dolls in person so to speak.



Good morning all you internet lovelies

Hope you have had a lovely weekend and are raring for another week?...... No…..
Oh well? Here is a little of what’s happened in the Honey Pot last week to take your mind off it.

Two things to report this week, drum roll.…………….





1    1.   2 of my little beauties have gone on their travels to be exhibited at textile exhibition in Chester.    Exciting? Yes!

And 2 . I’ve been accepted into the Core Collectives. Very exciting? I know.

So firstly, there is a textile exhibition happening in Cheshire at the Funky Aardvark. Requests went out for submissions earlier in the year and I put forward Zelda and Bird Man. Well, both of them were chosen, yay, so from 12th May until the 2 July, they will be appearing in the National Open Textile Exhibition 2017.  I must admit to being very proud and chuffed. I will be going up with Dr. J. on the 20th when they are having an artist’s day, and I am really looking forward to seeing them in-situ and shall take lots of pictures to show you all.
 
Secondly, I have been accepted into the Core Collectives, a local group of artists striving to help each other and find exhibition space in the West Midlands. The rest are really talented painters and photographers and I am the only textile person, so while they are all displayed around the walls, my little dolls shall be in glass cabinets and the like in the centre of the room. Doesn’t that work out well? The first exhibition I am in is in Solihull from 27th June to 11th July. If you are in the area it would be lovely if you’d pop along, I shall be very busy beforehand making a completely new set of dolls to exhibit, I am feeling ruffs at the moment, but who knows how they will develop.
 Image may contain: one or more people and close-up
Well I think that’s about it for today. Till next week.


Hugs and Kisses
Ally





No comments:

Post a Comment